Wednesday 9 July 2014

♪…Voyage of £ife....♪

I have made You the polar star of my existence;

never again can I lose my way

in the voyage of life.
=========================

Let my love, like sunlight,

surround you

and

yet give you illumined freedom.
========================
If you would have it so,
I will end my singing.

If it sets your heart aflutter,
I will take away my eyes from your face.

If it suddenly startles you in your walk,
I will step aside and take another path.

If it confuses you in your flower-weaving,
I will shun your lonely garden.

If it makes the water wanton and wild,
I will not row my boat by your bank

==========================

My song will be like a pair of wings

to your dreams,

it will transport your heart to the verge

of the unknown
=========================

The World has kissed my Soul with its Pain,

asking for its return in Songs.
==========================
I am restless.
I am athirst for far-away things.
My soul goes out in a longing to touch
the skirt of the dim distance.

O Great Beyond,

O the keen call of thy flute!
I forget, I ever forget, that I have no wings to fly,
that I am bound in this spot evermore.

I am eager and wakeful,
I am a stranger in a strange land.

Thy breath comes to me
whispering an impossible hope.

Thy tongue is known to my heart as its very own.
O Far-to-seek, O the keen call of thy flute!

I forget, I ever forget, that I know not the way,
that I have not the winged horse.

I am listless, I am a wanderer in my heart.
In the sunny haze of the languid hours,
what vast vision of thine
takes shape in the blue of the sky!

O Farthest end, O the keen call of thy flute!
I forget, I ever forget,
that the gates are shut everywhere
in the house where I dwell alone!
==========================

~ Rabindranath Tagore ~